The world is full of vegetation, and plants are fundamental to human survival, as they are the only oxygen producers on the planet. Besides this factor, they also keep the atmosphere cool and help to receive rainfall.
Another important factor is that we get drugs from plants. While there are these vital characteristics, there are some plants considered fatal to humans. The specific part of the plant such as flowers, seeds, or fruits, for example, or even the entire plant can be poisonous.
These fatal chemicals, if ingested, have many side effects in humans, and can also lead to death within a few hours. Many people die annually from accidental consumption of plant toxins.
There are plants that eat insects and rodents, there are several carnivorous species. Even though there is no threat to humans, they are certainly deadly to other forms of life. Some of these grow in home gardens, hence the necessary and constant care.
The plant is very poisonous and easily found by North America. Adaptable to various parts of the world, it grows in a changing environment from gloomy regions to open lands; The toxic principle of the plant is tremotol.
The plant is so toxic that the milk and meat obtained from the cattle, which consumed the same, become poisonous. The poison factor of this plant is used successfully as an antidote to snake bites.
The white structure is the fruit of the plant, and they look like doll eyes by the white coloration and the black stain, hence the popularity of the plant by name. The plant is beautiful with broad leaves and white flowers, it is deadly and poisonous. The fruits of the same are the most toxic to humans, having toxic effects to the heart and can lead to cardiac arrest by consumption.
The plant is carnivorous and devouring insects. The 2 hinged leaves of the plant serve as an insect cage. The 3 prey are very sensitive and for the leaf to close, around 2 trichomes should be stimulated with 20 seconds by the creeping insect. At the time this happens, the sheet is closed within 0.1 seconds; the insect dies and is absorbed by the leaves to nourish.
It is more a carnivorous plant, but a marine environment. All carnivorous plants pose no threat to humans, but they are effective predators for small life forms.
The yellow flowers is the aerial part of the plant. The target part is submerged. Every time a small crustacean or small fish hits your bladder, there is opening and the being sucked in. The fibrous bladder is very sensitive and any contact with some hair is sufficient for an answer to occur.
The plant when it blossoms is very beautiful, but it is highly dangerous, containing a large proportion of scopolamine. This is a very potent hallucinogen and many crimes have already been committed with the powdered extract of this plant. It is very toxic and causes serious effects like death, and paralysis of muscles, affecting respiration.
This plant is an iconic member of the carnivorous plant family. The colorful body attracts insects and flies. As soon as they reach the slippery edge of the leaf they fall into a pit.
This contains enzymes and other fluids that break down the body of the insect, and gradually the insect is absorbed. The body has many projections or wax secretions that do not allow the insect to rise after falling.
The plant is poisonous, but is cultivated in a popular way as a garden plant. The cases of toxicity by the plant are high, with 845 cases only in 2002. However, mortality is very low with only 3 cases of death of the 845 victims.
The toxic principle is a cardiac toxin, which causes abdominal pain with bleeding at times; and can also cause irregular heartbeats, and seizures that can lead to coma and death.
This plant is by far the most poisonous in all of North America, and grows in moist areas, and has a very pleasant odor, hence the consumption of animals.
A small portion of the plant is sufficient to show the toxic effect, and death can occur in about 15 minutes in severe cases; in humans there is intense effect. The effect starts with foam near the mouth and becomes severe with seizures, paralysis and even respiratory failure.
This tree has 2 varieties, but it is the Indian variety (Cerbera odollam) that grows wilderness in Kerala and by the coastal regions; carries fruits of very poisonous seeds.
There is an alkaloid that is cardio toxic, and it changes the calcium in the heart canal and causes respiratory failure. At autopsies there is no toxin, so murders and suicides from poisoning by this toxin go unnoticed.
The plant is the most poisonous and still very cultivated as an ornamental plant, and contains ricin, which is highly toxic. Ricin is commonly used in Brazil in the form of oil, popularly called castor oil, where it is applied in the production of plastics, cosmetics, paints, adhesives and biodiesel.
Symptoms of poisoning include hemorrhagic diarrhea, low blood pressure, abdominal pain, tremors and vomiting. Acute dehydration along with hypotension leads to death. Death can occur if there is no rapid detox treatment. In 2007, Guinness World Records marked the plant as the most poisonous in the world due to the numerous accidents of children taking the castor beans, not knowing the danger.